ECE Business Operations

ECE Business Operations


Vehicle Rental


Motor Pool

If needed for University related business travel, you may rent a car from the University of Delaware Motor Pool. Complete the UD Web Form "Request for Service - Motor Pool" to request a vehicle. You will need a project/purpose code to complete the form.  This form will need to be completed and approved before you may pick up your vehicle from the Motor Pool.  The expenditure will not be printed on your purchasing card blank statement because it is an internal charge.  If you have questions regarding this procedure, please contact Transportation Services (831-1187).

Commercial Rental Cars

When a rental car is necessary, the University traveler should make every effort to book their transportation rental needs through Egencia, the preferred travel management company of the University. Car rentals should be charged to the traveler's UD Credit Card or on a purchase order under a separate University contract. At the end of the travel, the original rental agreement and invoice must be maintained by the UD Credit Card Administrator for reconciliation of the business expense. The University does not currently provide full primary insurance coverage for vehicle rentals of automobiles by employees on University business. The traveler should accept car rental insurance offered by the commercial agency. For rentals by employees in countries other than United States or Canada, the minimum automobile liability insurance required in the country where the vehicle will be rented or where it will be utilized should be purchased directly from the car rental agency.

Bookmark and Share